IT LeadershipField of Expertise
To be able to manage the transformation processes within organizations in a successful, efficient and effective way, higher demands are placed on managers. Whatever the method or methodology is used to work on, in all cases a heavy burden is placed on "the leadership" of departments, projects and programs. Our many years of experience within Capgemini has taught us what a manager needs to take on the small challenges in a self-aware way and to shape them successfully. Read more.
Search within field of expertise
Leadership in IT
To be able to manage the transformation processes within organizations in a successful, efficient and effective way, higher demands are placed on managers. Whatever the method or methodology is used to work on, in all cases a heavy burden is placed on "the leadership" of departments, projects and programs. Our many years of experience within Capgemini has taught us what a manager needs to take on the small challenges in a self-aware way and to shape them successfully.
The development of leadership starts with the management of yourself: personal leadership. The first step in this is awareness of your own personality, behavior and impact on others. To this end, we deal in depth with the following themes in our leadership programs:
- Personality profiles (For example: Insights, MBTI, DISC)
- Behavior patterns (REED)
- Core values and core quadrants
- Intrinsic motivators
- Limiting beliefs
- Mission statement and personal branding
- Dealing with and learning from professional feedback (360 degrees)
The next step in leadership is to lead others, with heart and soul, without losing common sense. To this end, we include (a choice of) the following themes in our leadership programs:
- Situation-oriented leadership: developing flexibility in styles (Hersey & Blanchard)
- Team dynamics: from a group of people to a high performing team (Tuckmann)
- Transactional analysis: effective and professional communication (Berne)
- Motivating employees: mastery, purpose, autonomy (Daniel Pink)
- Leadership and followership: from leading to following to leading (David Marquet)
- Conflict management: acting consciously in difficult situations (Thomas & Kilmann)
- Coaching: method, approach and application in practice
- Intervision: learning from each other, building trust
Leading ICT & Business
We also shape specific themes in leadership in theme modules or as part of a development program. A few example themes from our practice, in which we further develop participants to the following level:
- Acting as a trusted advisor, building business content
- Generation of "new business", innovation and (co) creation, design thinking
- Professional relationship and stakeholder management, political action
- Transformational leadership
- Management innovation, lean start-up, devops
- Agile leadership (ao Leading SAFe®, Agile Project management, Scrum Master)
- Project management (inter alia PRINCE2, IPMA, PMI)
Our leadership development programs are always designed in co-creation and tailor-made, together with the client and under the supervision of one of our lead trainers. This often leads to a development program of a few weeks to a half-year lead time, which is built around a number of modules with a specific theme.
Manner of working
The way of working in the modules (workshops) is interactive, intensive and requires real presence and entry from the participants. In various, stimulating and sometimes confrontational ways, participants are challenged to pick up and engage with their own awareness and development.
In between the modules, the participants work in their own organization on specific challenging assignments, both individually and in (buddy) teams. Preferably the managers from the own organization then play a role as mentors. Our lead trainer provides tailor-made coordination and supervision of assignments and is overall responsible for the entire development process.
A number of specific concrete programs that we have recently successfully designed and implemented together with our clients in co-creation:
- Leadership in project management (high-tech industry, international, innovative)
- Young leadership: personal development (IT service provider)
- High potentials program: leading digital (public domain, large logistics service provider)
- Management development program (successful fast-growing IT service provider)
- Professionalization of project managers (public domain, major energy supplier)
- Leading digital program (large insurance company)
- Personal leadership program (financial service provider)
- Coaching leadership (multiple IT service providers)
- Professionalization of project work (alliance of logistics service providers)
- Agile leadership (multiple service providers)
RelatedTailored Training Courses & IncompanyTailored Training Courses The option to tailor training courses to specific needs enables you as employer or manager to arrange a specific course for your employees on a location...